Hey guys, I haven’t posted in a while because of school and sports and other crazy things but now that the holidays are coming around I’ll be giving you recipes all the time. I have tons of recipes and photos stocked up from as far back as last year’s fall baking extravaganza!
Are you guys excited for Halloween? I am, not really because I’m going to any fun parties but mostly because Halloween is the start of the Christmas season and Christmas just makes everyone like 20 percent happier. This year seems like it has gone by so fast (this year was actually the weirdest) but I’m pretty pumped about 2017, it seems like it will be a pretty decent year. I don’t want to jinx myself though so I’ll stop talking. Now onto these muffins, recently my doctor told me to eliminate eggs for a month so baking has been a bit challenging and breakfasts definitely aren’t looking as pretty.
But after a few tries, I finally managed to create an egg free chocolate muffin recipe. And thank God because I needed me some chocolate. Also, fun fact: this is the first vegan recipe I’ve made :).
These muffins are actually more like fudgy brownies; chocolatey and super dense. And you can easily make these paleo by substituting shredded coconut for oats. Now what are you waiting for? Go make some muffins!
Chocolate oat Muffins
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 4 tbs coco powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats*
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup honey*
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 35o degrees F
- Mix applesauce and coconut oil
- Add in the coconut flour, baking powder, and the desired amount of honey
- Now stir in your almond milk to get to a desired texture
- Finally mix in the rolled oats, coconut, or even chopped nuts
- Set aside and grease a muffin pan with palm shortening, or line it with paper muffin cups
- Dollop about 1/4 cup of the muffin batter into each muffin tin (or until 3/4 full)
- Place in the oven and bake for 35- 40 min.
*sub the rolled oats for chopped nuts, or shredded coconut to make paleo
*taste the batter to achieve the desired amount of sweetness ( no eggs, I promise you won’t get salmonella)
*the muffins will not feel done when you take them out, allow them to cool and set before you eat them